Impact Hub Basel is committed to protecting your privacy and providing you with a positive experience on its website and in using its services.
Collection of Information
For a better experience while using our service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name and email address. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you.
We collect information about you when you:
- Sign up for a membership;
- Book our space;
- Apply for a program;
- Attend an event or workshop;
- Use our space;
- Sign up for our newsletter;
- Sign up or use any other service provided by us;
- Visit our website; and
- Communicate with us.
We also collect personal information such as usage statistics, by using cookies, server logs, and similar technologies from trusted third-party sources and engage third parties to collect personal information to assist us.
We and the third parties may combine the information we collect from you over time and across our website with information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve its overall accuracy and completeness and helps us better tailor our interactions with you.
Use of Information
We may use your personal information for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our website, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. Some of the ways we may use personal information include:
- Operating, improving, promoting, and protecting Impact Hub Basel, our service and platform;
- Providing customer service;
- Analyzing, supporting, and improving our membership service and your online experience;
- Communicate with you by sending you a personalized, regular newsletter and other important updates;
- Compiling statistics on web page visits.
Sharing of Information
- to members, partners, on our website or on social media services, subject to the choices you may make via your application and service agreements;
- to our third-party service providers who help us to operate or improve our service and platforms;
- to authorities to comply with legal obligations and to protect and defend our rights and property; and
- to an affiliate or successor entity as part of a corporate transaction.
Your Data Rights
Irrespective of your nationality or place of residence, among other rights, we grant to you all the rights relating to your personal data that the European General Data Protection Regulation provides for data subjects. These rights include:
The right to access your data You have the right to request access to the personal data that we have collected about you and to request specific information and insights on how we treat, share, store and otherwise process this personal data.
The right to rectification In the case personal data that we store about you is incorrect, inaccurate, or outdated, and you wish to update it, you have the right to demand that we correct these errors. To exercise this right it is sufficient to just point the errors out in an email to the address given below. ** The right to erasure / withdrawal of consent** For the most parts we are processing your personal data on the grounds of the consent that you give to us by reading and accepting this data policy or by conclusive conduct. At all times you are absolutely free to withdraw this consent by stating so in an email or by initiating the deletion of your personal profile.
**The right to object to processing of your information, asking us to restrict processing of your information, or requesting the portability of your information.
The right to opt out from receiving marketing communications that we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by unsubscribing from these mailings by following the unsubscribe instructions in any such message or contact us.**
Your email address will be removed from our marketing list. Please allow us a reasonable period to satisfy your request, as some promotions may already be in process.
We value your trust in providing us your personal information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You use the services and provide us with information on your own initiative and risk.